|Marine Fit-Out Manager
Marine Fit-out Mangers are specialist technical professionals who help design, develop, build, install, inspect, and maintain the fit-out parts to include engines, pumps and other pieces of technical equipment that make boats and other maritime vessels function effectively. This role will work on variations of vessels, from ferries, USV to military vessels ranging from 90 feet to 30 feet in length. In this role, you will oversee the research, design and construction of marine vessels, infrastructure, and equipment. You will also conduct tests to inform the maintenance and repair of marine vehicles.
Marine Fit-Out Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage of fit-out including mechanical, systems, electrical, electronic and interior and process using subcontractors and internal staff and directive from the Production Manager
- Help develop a project plan and ensure the necessary resources are organized to meet the plan
- Conduct research and tests to inform the design and construction of marine vessel and components are fully capable
- Prepare technical reports such as research, systems diagnostics, and design analysis documentation.
- Ensure that the project resources i.e. staff, labor, plant, materials and sub-contractors are effectively managed
- Present layout and engineering designs to clients and team members for analysis and feedback.
- Attend meetings and surveys with the client representatives in locations around the world.
- Supervise all aspects of the design process for structural, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Ensure that a high standard of safety is maintained throughout the project and that all relevant environmental and health & safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Oversee the construction of marine vessels and equipment to ensure their quality and integrity.
- Perform quality control inspections and tests on all systems and equipment and installing upgrades, as needed.
- Ensure adherence to safety precautions and project timelines.
- Train and supervise engineering teams including designers, mechanics, and production staff.
- Work with current subcontractors and vendors to maintain timely arrival and installation of materials.
- Identify new sub-contractors and vendors as needed.
- Ensure contractual conditions are adhered to and the contractual position is not compromised.
- Supervise, and perform if needed, maintenance on marine vehicles and equipment.
- Investigate and diagnosing technical issues and implementing effective repairs.
- Assist with creation of new or amended processes, procedures and protocols to ensure product manufacturing is seamless
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in marine engineering, operations or systems administration preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a marine fit-out manager or similar
- Program or Project Management certificate preferred
- Sound knowledge of maritime software such as HMI and PLC control systems.
- Familiarity with maritime HM&E systems and naval construction processes.
- Experience with large scale product manufacturing
- Experience with a variety of engineering processes including systems, mechanical, electrical, and process
- Experience working to class authorities.
- Composites experience preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Physically fit and able to work in strenuous circumstances and harsh weather conditions.